Shrimp! Plenty of shrimp! 2 pounds of 25 count on a 12″ pizza! No tomato or Alfredo. Just shrimp and mozzarella! Make your own crust or use, as we did, a Boboli crust. In less than an hour, you are eating some really good pizza. That is, if you like shrimp! And then for a further treat, shred some iceberg lettuce and add pineapple chunks, with juice, and shredded fresh basil leaves and you have a wonderful salad to add to your dinner. Here is the recipe., Enjoy!
Shrimp Scampi Pizza
Source: adapted from Sal Yonta’s Shrimp Scampi Pizza
Total Time: 50 min Prep: 35 min Cook: 15 min Yield: 10 slices Level: Easy
20 oz Pizza Dough or 1 Boboli Thin Crust pizza shell
2 1/4 lbs Shrimp, peeled and deveined. 1/2 lbs reserved whole
1 t Old Bay Seasoning, or to taste
3 T Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
3 T minced Garlic (about 8 cloves)
6 oz Button Mushrooms, quartered
1/2 c dry White Wine
1 stick unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1/4 c Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lbs shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Stretch the pizza dough to make a 16-inch pizza. Place on a pizza screen and set aside. Or use a 12″ Boboli crust.
3. In a food processor, add the shrimp, along with the Old By Seasoning, and coarsely chop. In a medium skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil until very hot. Add the shrimp and garlic, sauté for 4 minutes, until shrimp turns lightly pink. Add the mushrooms.
4. Add the wine and stir. Reduce by 1/2. Add the butter and heat until melted. Then add in the breadcrumbs. Remove from the heat and season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
5. Spread half of the mozzarella over the pizza crust, then spoon the shrimp mixture over the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese. Top with 1/2 pound of whole shrimp. Bake until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before cutting.
Shrimp in skillet getting cooked
Cheese on pizza dough waiting for the shrimp
Shrimp being placed on the dough
Shrimp on pizza and assembled. Ready for the oven.
Pizza is hot! Let cool before cutting.
Shrimp Pizza and Green Salad with Pineapple and Basil Dressing
After all this delicious shrimp pizza, how about some goodies from Wildflour Bakery? They have only been open a very short time – maybe 2 months – but their products deserve the 4-Stars. We will probably return. It’s close to us!
Westside of 42nd Street
Interior. There are places to sit and have a cup or two of coffee and some wonderful doughnuts.
Thumbprint Cookie, Jelly Rolls and a wonderful Apple Doughnut.