Shrimp! Plenty of shrimp! 2 pounds of 25 count on a 12″ pizza! No tomato or Alfredo. Just shrimp and mozzarella! Make your own crust or use, as we did, a Boboli crust. In less than an hour, you are eating some really good pizza. That is, if you like shrimp! And then for a further treat, shred some iceberg lettuce and add pineapple chunks, with juice, and shredded fresh basil leaves and you have a wonderful salad to add to your dinner. Here is the recipe., Enjoy!
Source: adapted from Sal Yonta’s Shrimp Scampi Pizza
Total Time: 50 min Prep: 35 min Cook: 15 min Yield: 10 slices Level: Easy
20 oz Pizza Dough or 1 Boboli Thin Crust pizza shell
2 1/4 lbs Shrimp, peeled and deveined. 1/2 lbs reserved whole
1 t Old Bay Seasoning, or to taste
3 T Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
3 T minced Garlic (about 8 cloves)
6 oz Button Mushrooms, quartered
1/2 c dry White Wine
1 stick unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1/4 c Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 lbs shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
2. Stretch the pizza dough to make a 16-inch pizza. Place on a pizza screen and set aside. Or use a 12″ Boboli crust.
3. In a food processor, add the shrimp, along with the Old By Seasoning, and coarsely chop. In a medium skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil until very hot. Add the shrimp and garlic, sauté for 4 minutes, until shrimp turns lightly pink. Add the mushrooms.
4. Add the wine and stir. Reduce by 1/2. Add the butter and heat until melted. Then add in the breadcrumbs. Remove from the heat and season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
5. Spread half of the mozzarella over the pizza crust, then spoon the shrimp mixture over the cheese. Top with the remaining cheese. Top with 1/2 pound of whole shrimp. Bake until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before cutting.
After all this delicious shrimp pizza, how about some goodies from Wildflour Bakery? They have only been open a very short time – maybe 2 months – but their products deserve the 4-Stars. We will probably return. It’s close to us!
Bob and Robin said:
Reblogged this on Our Retirement In Idaho and commented:
Wonderful pizza and Wildflour Bakery desserts!