Marnie’s Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
1 lg Sweet Potatos, peeled and chopped into 1″ dice
1 Parsnip, peeled and diced
1 Rutabaga, peeled and chopped into 1″ dice
2 Carrots, peeled and diced [one carrot]
1 Poblano chili, seeded and chopped into 1″ strips or 1 Onion, chopped into 1” dice
1 c Coconut Milk [13 oz can]
3 c Vegetable Stock [Better Than Broth concentrate]
1/8 t Cayenne pepper
1 T pure Maple Syrup
1 t fresh minced Thyme
1 T fresh minced Rosemary
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place a piece of tin foil on two cookie sheets and generously spray each with cooking spray.
3. On one cookie sheet, place the diced carrots, parsnips and poblano chile. On the other cookie sheet, place the sweet potato and rutabaga.
4. Place both cookie sheets in the oven and roast veggies until tender — about 35 – 50 minutes. The sheet with the carrots may be done first; be sure to check periodically.
5. When all veggies have finished roasting, remove from oven and reserve some chunks for serving, very carefully transfer to a high-speed blender. Add the coconut milk, stock, thyme, rosemary, maple syrup and cayenne pepper.
6. Place the top tight on the blender and process soup until very, very smooth and velvety. If you don’t have a good blender, try either an immersion blender or a food processor. If you have a Vita-Mix, use it for this recipe! When the soup is smooth, serve immediately or pour into a large pot with reserved chunks and re-heat on the stove briefly.