Once again, Robin made delicious and awesome Chili Rellenos. Look at this dinner. And thank-you Maggie, for the fresh salsa. It went extremely well with the dinner. Left-Click the photos to see full screen.
Shrimp & Asparagus Risotto and Fennel Salad
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups risotto)
· 3 cups fat-free, low sodium chicken stock
· 1 cup water
· 2 teaspoons olive oil
· 2 3/4 cups chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion (about 2 medium)
· 1 cup Arborio rice
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 3/4 cups (1/2-inch) slices asparagus (about 8 ounces)
· 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, cut into 1-inch pieces
· 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
· 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Bring broth and 1 cup water to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 30 minutes total).
3. Stir in asparagus and shrimp; cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and remaining ingredients.
Combine 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper in a large bowl. Add 6 cups torn romaine lettuce and 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb; toss well to coat.
Fat:8.9g (sat 3.6g,mono 2.8g,poly 1.2g)